About Boost 1.48

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 19 10:15:58 PST 2012

Rene Engelhard wrote

> - 3.4.5 had a build fix for boost 1.48, before it didn't build anymore
>   (see http://bugs.debian.org/652784 and the mentioned fdo bug)
> - you missed http://bugs.debian.org/652681 because you tried it after
>   the fixed version entered testing :-)
>
> But it's normal that the internal copy of LO is outdated. See also icu :-)
> (Or nss, which might let all distros run into a bug which noone using
> internal
> nss has...)

Just to be sure I didn't misunderstand.
About http://bugs.debian.org/652784, this one is no more a problem since
Boost would be used for master.
About http://bugs.debian.org/652681, it means that it's possible only from
4.6.2-12 gcc version ? (+ we don't know about MacOs)

In brief, I understand Boost 1.48 can't replace by default Boost 1.44 :-(

I know that Boost isn't the only outdated library, I just wanted to begin
with this one :-)

Regards,

Julien.