Hosting LibreOffice online

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Mon Feb 20 02:25:30 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 17:54 +0100, Sophie Gautier wrote:
> Hi Drew,
> On 16/02/2012 06:50, drew wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Just to wrap this thread up, I suppose.
> >
> > Well, after adding --enable-gtk3 it works.
> >
> > Had some issues related to the firewall, but got around that - turned it
> > off (not likely a good long term solution :-)
> >
> > WebSocket support was (is) an issue.
> > - Win7 and Vista with ie9: Fail
> > - HP Mini 110, Mi (Linux) w/ FireFox [latest updates applied]: Fail
> >
> > All the other browsers I tried (FF under Natty, Chromium, Opera): Pass
> >
> > @Andor - if you just want to play with this, I could point you to a VM
> > with everything pre-installed - I'd need a day or 2 to put it together I
> > suppose, just let me know.
>
> I'm also interested in trying to play with it. But no hurry - I just
> have some DVD labels to localize ;-) so when yLiger__LOoL3.i686-0.0.9.vmx.tar.gz

> ou'll be ready, could you
> ping me too, please? Thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards
Hi Sophie

Well - the foundation is, A Foundation..good news yes!

And here is the link to a VM pre-enstalled (mostly :-? )
The sustudio profile page is:
http://susestudio.com/a/NfE1GU/lippity-lopity-loly_lazing-liger-lool-3

You know if I could maybe see to change the port number in the next
build one could actually demo this using the testdrive feature at
susestudio.

So, the VM there is just the installation files are the 3.6 (master)
build out from my machine (I'm sure they could be smaller) with the JeOS
(Just enough Operating System) template, and not much (not enough it
seems) more.

I put a copy of the download file here also (fo anyone not wanting to
register an account at suseStudio):
http://lo-portal.us/SBS/download/Liger__LOoL3.i686-0.0.9.vmx.tar.gz
MD5: 78de314bc29101f1e70674b27c39cf11

So it is pretty straight forward
Download the compressed file
un-pack to a directory of your choice
it will create a dir with that silly name
lippity-lopity-loly_lazying-liger-lool-3
by default
create your entry in your vm manager of choice (VBox, KVM, Quem)
Start the vm and get to a command prompt (logon as tux, password linux)
you can start LibO in listening mode with the shell script
~/liber.sh

Best wishes,

//drew