[PUSHED:3-5] bin bogus JRE warnings on first-start ...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Feb 20 06:06:31 PST 2012

Stephan Bergmann píše v Po 20. 02. 2012 v 13:42 +0100:
> On 02/16/2012 01:49 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	This is not really my sphere of expertise, so review appreciated.
> > Rather than clobber the DesktopContext with some out-of band magic
> > (which creates the JavaInteractionHandler that in the end complains). I
> > thought I'd just give this guy a nil context - which seems to work
> > reasonably.
> >
> > 	On master you can also export STOC_FORCE_NO_JRE=1 # to debug this stuff
> > on Linux (it's harder to provoke a non-working JRE otherwise).
> >
> > 	I'd like to get this into 3.5.1 - thoughts appreciated :-) IMHO it is
> > rather better not to show this warning, than provide two scary looking,
> > and ultimately bogus dialogs there.
>
> Improved the original fix now on master with
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=55892c6bd740fa0c667656cbb246327f2bb76007>
> "Clean up work around spurious warning about missing JRE."
>
> Please review and cherry-pick the combined fix to libreoffice-3-5.

Looked sane, worked well, so I have pushed it into the 3-5 branch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=5004de693a95ba3678ec41f25bb55beef4a32ed1
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=c97a01d009f8b5f686998f3638cff25e228a1305

I have cheery picked also the STOC_FORCE_NO_JRE stuff. It is safe and
might be useful for debugging, see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=92b7c7db8356beef47df682b993e1aaeeb9a734c

Best Regards,
Petr