Building LibreOffice on Windows

Randall G. Arnold randall.arnold at texrat.net
Fri Feb 17 09:09:53 PST 2012

On February 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

> > Projects like this have to
> > battle the "embrace, extend, extinguish" philosophy of commercial
interests.

> What makes you think only commercial entities have that philosophy? As
> far as I know Linux, also embraces and extends POSIX, for instance,
> and has more or less managed to extinguish quite many competing POSIX
> operating systems at least in the desktop market space.

What makes you think I thought that?

Merely mentioning one does not mean I ignore similar aspects in other
ventures/projects/etc.  I was just being specific due to the context of the
conversation.

Please try to avoid making assumptions about my thinking, thanks.  I'll
gladly return the favor.  No need IMO to ask that of a person on the list,
anyway.  I will happily explain my positions in private email.

Randall (Randy) Arnold
Developer and Enthusiast Advocate
http://texrat.net
+18177396806