MinGW-Port: Problems with UnoUrlResolver

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 22 03:56:13 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 11:39 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> I doubt that Helmar's application only uses C-based sal API after
> initial setup. In which case that wrapper would buy you nothing.

	So - the question would be then, how much of UNO is usable via the
in-line C wrappers ? I was under the impression that lots of it should
be - but perhaps I'm in cloud cuckoo land ;-)

	I suppose, the vtable mismatch would need bridging between mingw and
msvc - which would be quite fun I suppose. Ho hum, as you say it's not a
wonderful idea - though having that bridging in place might be nice for
flexibility in future wrt. mingw cross-compile vs. MSVC building :-)

	Anyhow - Helmar - I guess the best suggestion then is to try to debug
your problems remote controlling a remote MSVC++ compiled libreoffice
using the mingw compiled URE / SDK :-) but - of course the  bug you
found there is a bit of a pain.

	HTH,

		Michael.