-std=c++0x vs -std=gnu++0x

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Feb 23 08:08:10 PST 2012

 Hello,

 commit 437fe5a444411f68d1848c49121394f16f09611b made me notice that we
actually build with -std=c++0x and not -std=gnu++0x, which I think would make
more sense and be consistent with the case when we do not build in C++0x
mode.

 If you look at the gcc manpage for the description of -std, you'll notice
that the C++ default is gnu++98, and c++98 is switched to also by
using -ansi. So if we default to c++0x, we pretty much default to the more
strict -ansi, only in C++0x mode. That should mean that gcc is more strict
than its default and e.g. some of its extensions are disabled.

 Any objections to switching to gnu++0x ?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz