Most elegant way to disable all BASIC functionality?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 08:29:07 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
> For the iOS port, no BASIC-related functionality can be present if we
> want apps using the code to be allowed in the App Store.

Are you sure ? even with the alleged change of Sep 2010 ? (it is hard
to tell, since Apple does not publish its rules, and stamp a under-NDA
to their rejection letter)

and what is the substantial difference between interpreting a Basic
script and a Calc formula ? I suposed that calc formula are allowed,
otherwise the whole exercise seems pointless. if so, then what would
prevent the re-implementation of basic in calc formula ? and how is
that different than supporting basic directly ?

Norbert