Google Summer of Code

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 27 02:13:03 PST 2012

Hi Giorik,

On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 16:02 +0200, Giorik Giorik wrote:
> I'm Thanasis from Greece and I study computer science in TEI of
> Athens.

	Great to meet you :-)

> I want to participate in Google Summer of Code and I would like some
> help to get me started.

	Sure - so, I would get a Linux machine installed, and get your first
build going - I'd start with an Easy Hack - in previous GSOC's a
requirement for getting considered was having submitted a patch to the
project first: so we can be sure people are familiar with and able to go
around the development loop. eg. removing an unused method from
unusedcode.easy and submitting a patch.

	Getting start is fairly easy, you need to read:

	http://www.libreoffice.org/developers-2/

	And reading Julien's nice links would be a good tip too.

	Hope that helps :-)

		Michael.