Trying to understand why LO seems freezed for some seconds when a module is started

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 27 05:39:10 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 12:45 +0100, Tommy wrote:
> i write a word then hit space... the cursor seems frozen for 5 to 9
> seconds (depending how fast is the machine i'm working with)
> and then moves to the space and let you write other words.

	That -really- still sounds like the Java slowdown to me. That is when
I'd expect languagetool to get it's clogs on.

> if I use a virgin setup of OOo/LibO without my user profile I do not see
> that freeze

	Sure - but then the LangaugeTool extension would be registered in your
user profile too ;-) Can you check in the extension manager that it is
removed from the system rather than just disabled or whatever.

	You can of course double check by looking at the:

	lsof -p `pidof soffice.bin`

	to see if Java is loaded before and/or after you type that word.

	ATB,

		Michael.