Disabling Temporary Files?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Feb 28 11:26:30 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 13:46 -0500, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
> I need to ensure that data confidentiality.

	Ok; so as Michael says, tons of apps dump lots of state into /tmp files
- an encrypted /tmp would help with that. Failing that mounting a
ramdisk over /tmp would do it (on Linux). I guess you could imagine
using the built-in document encryption to do it ...

	You -might- hope that the autosave / tmp files etc. might be encrypted
if you use encryption on the document and a good password, but I suspect
that that is unlikely to work ;-) though it might be a good place to
start if you want to hack on that.

	HTH,

		Michael.