String literals, ASCII vs UTF-8

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Wed Feb 29 05:51:45 PST 2012

I would expect that filters should be validating their inputs.
By the time that we get a bad_alloc, it's too late to recover properly.
Unless we're talking about someday running filters in a separate
process, and then validating the document they generate, in which case
the main process would remain safe.