Small note on static analyzer, includes and build times...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 29 10:12:10 PST 2012

Hi Albert,

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 23:07 +0100, Albert Thuswaldner wrote:
> There has been some interesting discussions here on the mailinglist
> about static analyzer tools, unused includes and the impact of the

	This looks like some interesting research :-)

> Anyway, I have not analyzed the results myself in detail but it is a
> shame it only detects unused includes in header files.

	Well - the pre-compiled headers would make -tons- of includes look
useless anyway, though (I thought) we had decided to get rid of them as
an under-maintained and bad job anyway ;-)

	Have you tried acting on this lot:

Looking for useless includes in header files...
        AccessibleCell.hxx --> global.hxx (useless)
        AccessibleCellBase.hxx --> global.hxx (useless)
        AccessiblePreviewHeaderCell.hxx --> global.hxx (useless)
        AccessibleTableBase.hxx --> global.hxx (useless)

	And turning it into some patches to remove those headers & seeing if it
compiles nicely ? if so it'd be nice to include that no doubt.

	Thanks !

		Michael.