[Libreoffice] About enabling Icedove addressbook connection for Base

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 4 02:08:37 PST 2012

Hi Julien,

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 03:08 -0800, julien2412 wrote:
> As most of you (everybody ?) must know, Icedove is the rebranded version of
> Thunderbird (like Iceweasel for Firefox).

	:-) What a sexy TM policy that is ... thankfully ours is better in that
regard.

> I tried to use Base with Thunderbird connection to reproduce some bugs and
> saw that addressbook couldn't be found.

	Oh - odd; I imagine that is the detection of icedove going wrong.
Poking in connectivity/source/drivers/mozab/ would prolly help - do we
load the mozilla module in MDriver.cxx ? (generated from SLO2FILES in
makefile.mk) ?

> I opengroked Thunderbird and Icedove and wonder now how to enable Icedove
> addressbook connection for Base with the minimum of duplication.
> Should there be an Icedove connection or should it be Thunderbird/Icedove in
> dialog for example ?

	Oh - adding a Thunderbird/Icedove in the dialog sounds by far the best
from the perspective of reducing clutter / duplication. Also - (from my
cursory glance) it is unclear that we require any real code changes to
support icedove - I don't see (off hand) - is it possible that IceDove
tweaks the product type enumerations in some way eg.

return ::com::sun::star::mozilla::MozillaProductType_Thunderbird;

	Anyhow - I hope that helps !

	All the best,

		Michael.