[Libreoffice] Doxygen for C/C++ URE Documentation

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 07:56:47 PST 2012

On 01/04/2012 04:17 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 03:30:03PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> With autodoc no longer used to document C++, the next step would be
>> to either replace its use to generate IDL docu as well (and
>> completely remove autodoc), or at least remove the C++-specific
>> autodoc code.  The SDK includes the autodoc executable, but I guess
>> it would be OK to change that...
>
> Would you consider that -- or parts of that -- easyhackifiable?

Given the style of the autodoc code, removing just the C++-specific code
from it is probably not an easy hack (but rather a painful one).
Anyway, the hopes are to remove autodoc wholesale.

What can become easy hacks, though, is to clean up the warnings doxygen
still produces (about unknown @ commands, mismatches between parameter
names in documentation and declaration, etc.), to clean up the generated
output (e.g., consistency in using full stops or not at end of
documentation phrases, add missing documentation, use proper markup),
and to tweak the output to make it look more like the existing
<http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/cpp/ref/index.html>.

Stephan