[Libreoffice] Old Oracle Mysql Connector no longer works with 3.5 on Windows - looking for a regular build solution ?
alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:10:14 PST 2012
2012/1/5 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
> On 01/04/2012 11:02 PM, Alex Thurgood wrote:
>> Unfortunately, I'm not on Windows. I can only build on Linux and Mac. Am
>> looking to test with gdb on Linux to see what is being called (or not)
>> as the case may be.
> But the bug as described only happens on Windows, right? (Just tested on
> a recent unxlngx6 master build, and mysql-connector-ooo-1.0.1-**linux-x86_64.oxt
> as available from <http://ooo-extensions.osuosl.**
> **> indeed installs without problem.)
> In that case, I doubt that inspecting Linux behaviour gives a clue to what
> fails on Windows. I suspect it rather has something to do with the Windows
> MSVC runtime libraries or somesuch.
I had also noticed the problem in a previous master build on Linux, and had
reports back from other users with the Linux connector I've made available
on the LibreOffice extensions site. That is why I changed the LO
compatibility version number to 3.5 for the connectors I have put up there.
However, in my test yesterday with my own build from master from 2 days
ago, and the Oracle mysql connector, I had no problems installing or
running the connector, so in effect, I can no longer reproduce the problem
on 32bit Linux.
In view of Lionel's comments, it seems clear that as I compiled against 3.5
master source, the connectors I have built and made available will only
work with versions >= 3.5, and at present these are only available for
Linux and Mac (my build platforms).
So it still remains to be determined whether, as you stated, the old Oracle
connector is only problematic on Windows. I shall also be testing on Mac
later today with the Oracle connector to see if that also raises an error
with the latest build I have on Mac.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LibreOffice