[Libreoffice] Removing LibO on Windows ...

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 08:10:29 PST 2012

Andras Timar wrote

>> I can't guarantee that it is installed by default (I NEVER use the
>> default install option on any software) but it is selected by default
>> when I switch to Custom (and I always un-select it). Under Windows
>> options already selected in Custom should be the same installed by
>> using the Default option.
>
> Quickstart feature is installed by default but it is not run by default.

I just did a fresh Default install and I can confirm that under Windows XP
x86. Since which version has this been the default behavior?

So, what is the point of having a Quick Starter installed? Under what
scenario do users deliberately activate it?

Which brings back to the OP. If quick starter wasn't loaded (I assume that
someone who got a software installed by mistake didn't go to Options,
Memory, etc and activated it deliberately) what prevented LO from being
uninstalled?