[Libreoffice] About enabling Icedove addressbook connection for Base

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:03:48 PST 2012

Hi Caolán,

Le 06/01/12 11:29, Caolán McNamara a écrit :
> On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 10:04 +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
>> Well the default user profile on Mac is generally stored here :
>> /Users/<username>/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/xyz.default
> Excellent, that's the bit of into I wanted to check. So, the mac
> getConfigDir code is...
>
> #define MACOSX_CONFIG_DIR "/Library/Application Support"
> {
>     if( osl_psz_getHomeDir(Security, pszDirectory ...
>         strcat( pszDirectory, MACOSX_CONFIG_DIR );
>         return sal_True;

Errrm, no it is directly in the user "Library" folder, not "Applications
Support". For some reason, Thunderbird does not behave like Firefox, and
does not put its configdir in "Applications Support".

> which suggests that getConfigDir works out of the box for windows and
> macosx, and its just the "generic" unix where $HOME/.config isn't
> suitable to find .mozilla etc. So...

Well, last time I tried (admittedly several moons ago), LibO was
incapable of finding my mozab addressbook. As I gave up building
--with-moz* whatever ages ago, since LO wouldn't compile with it.

Alex