[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] 3.5.0 QA ... from BHS 1 to BHS 2

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Jan 9 14:18:59 PST 2012

Hi Nino,

Nino Novak wrote (09-01-12 16:20)
> Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 22:52:22 schrieb Cor Nouws:
>
>> Other hits/remarks of course appreciated as well :-)
>
> Just some gut feelings from an occasional tester.
>
> First, somehow I'd personally like to have a longer period for Release related
> QA activities/events, at least a one-week period after each beta or RC
> release. (Even better 2-weeks, though this might rise distraction.)

We had this discussion quite extensively last summer. With some small
changes (of which one proved to be very useful) as result.
I think it is good to see how this release works out, and see then if
any change is useful for later.

> Second, for me it seems rather important to (better? strongly?) communicate
> the QA efforts as a genuine community task.

Maybe we can improve on that yes.
Do you have specific ideas in mind?

> Third, I'd like to have those so called Mentors prominently around, so that
> people can address them any time, not only during particular QA
> events/periods.

Me too. Don't know if that will happen though.

> Fourth, which is more an open question, how the success of Release QA could be
> monitored intelligently. My (naive) wish would be to have usage numbers, let's
> say
> - how often a Release has been launched on which OS platform without failure
> - how often which module has been started
> - how many documents have been created/edited/viewed successfully
> - which particular functions have been called how often successfully
>
> I know, this might be a bit difficult to implement, but however - that's what
> came to my mind :-)

Looks as smthng that fits well in Litmus?

Side note: I like structured work, but often that starts to be within
reach if there are enough people to do a substantial amount of work,
compared to the field to be covered.
At this stage, I try to work structured with discussing how releases/QA
work, steps we do, what we can learn, and so on.

Thanks for your ideas!

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org