[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-ux-advise] UI disaster on Windows: soffice -h

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:15:06 PST 2012

2012/1/9 Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi>:
>> I'll also try what Stephan suggested, i.e. if we can print to stdout
>> in Windows, too.
>
> Note that one layer of silly wrapping could probably be dropped by
> using AttachConsole(ATTACH_PARENT_PROCESS) followed by freopen()ing
> stdout and stderr to CONOUT$. AttachConsole() is present on XP and
> later.

When I include windows.h in desktop/source/app/cmdlinehelp.cxx, it
does not compile. Other headers conflict with windows.h. I created a
wrapped function in a separate cxx file. It compiles, but it does not
work as expected, nothing is written to console. Do you see the
problem with the attached patch?

BTW, as an alternative, I can open a help window on Windows that shows
the relevant help page.

Thanks,
Andras