[Libreoffice] crasher in writer (footer)

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 13:28:12 PST 2012

On 10/01/12 18:03, August Sodora wrote:
> When I try to delete a footer, I'm getting a SIGABRT from a failed
> assertion, backtrace below
>
> soffice.bin: /home/augsod/Sources/libo/sw/source/core/bastyp/index.cxx:237:
> virtual SwIndexReg::~SwIndexReg(): Assertion `!m_pFirst && !m_pLast'
> failed.

this is because there is some navigation toolbar that is implemented in
SwNavigationMgr and which stores its history as SwPositions.
those are not corrected when the node they point to is deleted, hence
the assertion.  a non-dbgutil build would probably crash some time later
when the user clicks the navigation buttons.  apparently kids these days
don't use --enable-dbgutil, so you get bonus points for trying :)  and
i'm happy that i turned this into an assert that aborts and draws attention.

should be fixed now on master and libreoffice-3-5:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0e898354fc76339a9a007b30f1ebe123981d0426

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=debb4be8886a4c5fd0a714dfd1b53306b836b800