[Libreoffice] [REVIEW-3-5] progressbar for rtf import

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jan 12 05:00:56 PST 2012

Hi Miklos,

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 21:26 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> I've implemented a progressbar for rtf import yesterday:

	Nice work ! :-)

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=92c7b6733e55a6ab62bc231ecf0ffd5c0da7c8d2
>
> There are two bugreports requesting this: fdo#38057 and fdo#44157. The
> second calls this a 3.4 -> 3.5 regression, which is true.

	I think we're fairly happy about regressions here given the
improvements in the code, but it'd be nice to fix for sure.

> What is better - should I cherry-pick this to -3-5, introducing a new
> string to be localized or respect string freeze and ignore this being a
> regression? (It's unfortune that till now I was not aware so far that
> this is a regression, sure.)

	IIRC the translators would need to approve any such break; Andras -
what review / approval mechanism do we use there ? Given that the exact
same string "Loading Document ..." occurs in starmath and writer
already, I'd hope that they'd be sympathetic :-)

	On the code front everything looks good, though it too me a double read
to grok what the nPercentSize is doing, and I -hate- the seek to
begin/end stuff to work out the stream size getting pushed into the code
- but that is a standard limitation of that stream API ie. not your
fault [ we see this coming out as pointless syscalls underneath quite a
bite FWIW ;-].

	So - overall, it'd be great to get it in if we can persuade the
translators :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.