[Libreoffice] How can we use extensions' plugins ?

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jan 12 10:53:07 PST 2012

Matúš Kukan píše v Čt 12. 01. 2012 v 16:32 +0100:
> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering, mainly because there are still problems to compile extensions:
>
> there are two *plugin* directories:
> extensions/source/plugin/
> extensions/source/nsplugin/
>  - Here we also build Executable and Library but how can we use them ?
>    Because the library npsoplugin has no .component file associated to it.

You might enable it from inside LO by the checkbox
Tools/Options/Internet/Browser Plug-in/Display documents in browser

AFAIK, you might also enable it for all users when you symlink
libnpsoplugin.so into the mozilla plugin directory. I guess that the
standard path is /usr/lib/browser-plugins.

The result is that it will display LO documents inside the browser
window. It even shows a simple menu that allows basic operations with
the document.

I do not have good experiences with it. Sometimes it showed blank
documents instead of the real one. It slowed down the browser. I had
troubles to save the original document on disk.

Best Regards,
Petr