[Libreoffice] unit test concept for draw/impress

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:10:45 PST 2012

Hey,

I finally found some time working on a unit test concept for
draw/impress as promised to Thorsten in Paris. (see [1])

The attached patch enables the new test concept in sd. The test is
based on calc's filters-test concept but needs to do some additional
steps.

We take a import file (e.g. an ppt file) and import it into impress,
and in the next step export it to svg. The advantage of the svg file
is that it represents the visual representation extremely good and we
ca easily compare it againts an reference svg file. I hope that this
approach allows us to easily find changes that break features and
change the visual representation of files.

I listed some advantages and disadvantages of this concept in my
commit message. Please feel free to comment my idea.

I have not yet implemented the last step, comparing the exported file
to a reference file but that should be a minor problem. Use the
attached patch to enable the and check my idea. The current test
should take sd/qa/unit/data/a.pptx and export it to
solver/platform/unittest/sd/test2.svg

Regards,
Markus

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2b2fbf7350cbc53b878a7faf9ab353146fb598bf