[Libreoffice] Trying to diagnose base running extremely slowly

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 02:04:45 PST 2012

On 01/13/2012 10:36 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Yeah, but given that such a re-design is probably a long way off, and
> that other drivers seem are confined to a single-thread, and seem to
> have acceptable performance, perhaps we should just live with this
> limitation, and optimise the easy-case?

IIUC, the ADO driver is confined because the Windows API it interfaces
with demands that, not because of a "poor design" on the LO side.

But anyway, I'll keep this in the back of my head, and if QA does not
find any horrible problems with confining the JDBC driver in LO 3.5, we
can probably simplify the code on master.  (Would you be interested?)

Stephan