[Libreoffice] Doxygen for IDL? (was: Doxygen for C/C++ URE Documentation)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 05:56:21 PST 2012

On 01/06/2012 12:12 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Yeah, next step I plan to do is get rid of autodoc for IDL, too (after
> this topic has finally been "forced upon" me via URE gbuildification),
> and then rid the code base from all that nonsense in one step.

Just a quick update on this rather low-prio thing (in case anybody wants
to step in with good ideas):

Turns out there is too big an impedance mismatch between our UNOIDL
syntax and doxygen, so that at least a naive attempt at replacing
autodoc with doxygen for creation of the UNOIDL reference documentation
(see attached doxyidl.patch) produces unacceptable results:

Services, singletons, and typedefs are mapped as "variables," and
services constructors are described as functions detached from the
services.  Constants groups seem to be missing completely.

And its not obvious to me that this could be improved with some macro
trickery or post processing.

:(

Stephan