[Libreoffice] Check for updates uses keep-alive / impacts the server (opengrok, tinderbox..)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 16 02:01:32 PST 2012

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 00:43 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> GET /check.php?pkgfmt=rpm HTTP/1.1
> Keep-Alive:
> Connection: TE, Keep-Alive

	Nice catch :-)

> Please consider this as stopper for upcomping versions.

	Right; so one problem here is that Kendy who did the work in this area
has just gone on (well deserved) vacation for a week or more ;-)

	The code lives in extensions/source/update/check/ quite why it is
failing to close the connection there is unclear to me. I -imagine- we
want clients to poll at intervals, instant notification of updates is
not a useful feature to pay for millions of open sockets on the server
for.

	Thanks,

		Michael.