[Libreoffice] embedded nulls in SvStream::ReadLine

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 04:15:58 PST 2012

Hi Caolán,

On Monday, 2012-01-16 10:45:40 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> caolanm->erack:, from" erAck 26.02.01: Old behavior was no special
> treatment of '\0'..." I presume you noticed this weirdness ages ago as
> well in converting it from += to Append. What do you think, worth
> syncing ReadLine behavior with std::getline behavior here ?

Makes sense, though I guess no calling code would expect a 0 char being
present and silently stop reading the string there sooner or later at
some level. In Calc it may make a difference in CSV import, for example,
but anyway currently would be wrong, so probably worth to be fixed.
However, I doubt a 0 char would survive a document save/reload cycle ...

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD