[Libreoffice] [REVIEW][3-4] date change regression fdo#44385

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Tue Jan 17 01:46:41 PST 2012

On 16/01/12 16:59, Eike Rathke wrote:
>> b) not so risky ( I think ), and... would change the present
>> >  behaviour in consistent way for treatment of minus operator
>> >  -                    if( GetType() == SbxDATE || rOp.GetType() == SbxDATE )
>> >  +                    if( ( eOp == SbxPLUS || eOp == SbxMINUS )&&  (
>> >  ( GetType() == SbxDATE || rOp.GetType() == SbxDATE )&&  ( GetType()
>> >  != rOp.GetType() ) ) )
> That one (b) looks good.
ok, good you don't see additional problems then

>> >  c) risker variant of b that allows all operations on a date type to
>> >  retain it's date type
>> >
>> >  -                    if( GetType() == SbxDATE || rOp.GetType() == SbxDATE )
>> >  +                    if( ( GetType() == SbxDATE || rOp.GetType() ==
>> >  SbxDATE )&&  ( GetType() != rOp.GetType() ) )
> I don't spot sense in 2*today() =>  2124-02-02;-)
>
>    Eike
well like I said neither do I but iirc Andrew mentioned he could think
of some possible strange use cases ( maybe I misunderstood him ) Anyway
I will commit the solution we agreed on. Andrew, if still feel strongly
enough that the 'Date' type should be preserved then I guess you can
submit an extra patch and rational to the list.

thanks again

Noel