[Libreoffice] Check for updates uses keep-alive / impacts the server (opengrok, tinderbox..)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:33:01 PST 2012

Hi Stefan, *,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Stefan Knorr (Astron)
<heinzlesspam at googlemail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> [1] Which as Christian wrote wouldn't be a problem in itself, but with
> successful update checks, there is a download associated which usually
> takes lots of time/bandwidth

And that also is not a problem as it is up to us (TDF admins) to
decide when we make the update visible in the update-check. And for
obvious reasons this will only be done when the mirrors are synced,
i.e. when the build is officially announced.
So also the downloads are no problem (as they are not served by a
single server, but using our network of mirrors all over the world and
that is rather powerful).

ciao
Christian