[Libreoffice] Check for updates uses keep-alive / impacts the server (opengrok, tinderbox..)

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:04:52 PST 2012

Hi Jonnathan, *,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/12 12:30 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Pedro<pedlino at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> So the problem here is that the connections dont get closed?

Yes, this has been written from the very beginning. And this problem
has been fixed in the code already. New releases (i.e. the first that
is offically released for end-users) will behave properly.

> If that is the
> case would'nt that be an easy fix in the sense that after a certain amount
> of time that the connection is idle the connection gets closed? Is it
> possible to do something like that with KeepAlive?

This is done. But the order of magnitude for keeping connections open
is seconds, whereas handling the actual request is a matter of
milliseconds.
Also I wrote previously that the keepalive timeout was already
adjusted to nullify the impact that the beta-users did have.

So all is fine. LO will behave properly, and the server will not
collapse because of that. Even if it was not fixed in LO, the server
could have been configured to ignore any keepalive requests.

But as I wrote all that already: time to move over to other stuff,
this topic is solved in my opinion already.