[Libreoffice] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jan 19 07:44:31 PST 2012

* Present:
	+ Andras, Norbert, Tor, Michael, Thorsten, Eike,
	  Mitch, David, Rainer, Stephan, Fridrich, Bjoern,
	  Michael S, Lionel

* Completed Action Item
	+ create http://hub.libreoffice.org/file-a-bug/ (Christian)
	+ chase / mentor ICU size shrink work (Eike)

* Pending Action Items
	+ [slow progress] extract 64bit build hardware from firewall (Kendy / Admins)
	+ hack up the Help->File bug menu item (Thorsten)
	+ rename VCL API to make it GetBeamerFoo & fix (Michael)
	+ include slowchecks into tail_build's Makefile (Markus?)

* Action Items review

* Release Engineering update (Fridrich)
	+ 3.4.5 retrospective
		+ slightly delayed by marketing
AA:		+ poke website + marketing guys wrt. this (Michael)
		+ no new, significant issues found
	+ 3.5.0 status
		+ tag created Wednesday, up-loaded RC1
		+ bug-hunting on it this weekend
		+ fixed major stlport packaging issue for Win32
	* Double review mode on libreoffice-3-5 for RC2 *

* FOSDEM dev-room schedule
	+ ~final schedule is on-line:
		+ http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/track/libreoffice_devroom

* QA update (Rainer)
	+ no major news
	+ German lists helping out with bug confirming

* ODF 1.2 standards compliance vs. 'the real world'
	+ producing known-broken ODF is problematic, unless
	  the standard is fixed.
	+ much more in ODF 1.2 that is not back-compat with 1.1
	+ a superficial fix for this version doesn't really
	  address the real problem.
	+ Microsoft Office doesn't support ODF 1.2
	+ the version is needed to decide which interpretation
	  of the incompatible changes in 1.2 to use
		eg. list level / numbering
		+ ie. we need to be able to load our own
		  format accurately.
	+ MS Office does import the document content
	  after 'repairing'
		=> no action

* 3.5 most annoying bugs ...
	+ 21 (of 76) open vs. last week: 23 (of 71) open
	+ https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=37361&hide_resolved=1
	+ concerns wrt. base
		+ some pretty incompletely tested code.