[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] weird shortcut key for repeat action in Writer

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Jan 23 01:25:39 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 06:29 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In LO 3.4.5  and LO 3.5.0 rc1+ we have a weird shortcut key in Writer in
> the menu Edit > Repeat. It is the word "Encore". We have that for the UI
> in French and even for the UI in English.
> This shortcut key "Encore" is in Tools > Customize too.
>
> Do you know what does mean ? Bug or feature ?

That one is a bug. The keycode com::sun::star::awt::Key::REPEAT is
assigned to that menu entry... and it ends up being translated with the
Sun keyboard key (see that file [0]).

That brings several questions to me: how comes the translation of the
key names is depending on the keyboard model? I have a normal french
keyboard with en-US locale and en-US libreoffice build.

[0]: http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/unx/generic/app/keysymnames.cxx

--
Cedric