[Libreoffice] Problem with clipboard paste in 3.5

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Jan 24 06:45:24 PST 2012

Hi Petr,

On 2012-01-23 at 11:29 +0100, Petr Cisar wrote:

> So my next question is whether it is possible that LO can run without libdtrans for some reason and what may be the possible cause ?

I'm sorry, I cannot answer your specific question; but if you haven't
tried yet, I'd build vcl with extra debugging info, like:

cd vcl
make clean
make dbglevel=2

Then when you re-run LibreOffice (assuming you are using the linked
installation, like the one produced by 'make dev-install'), you should
see a lot of debugging output when doing Ctrl+c or Ctrl+v, like:

getPasteData( CLIPBOARD, native: TARGETS )
handleReceivePropertyNotify for property CLIPBOARD
found 32 bytes data of type ATOM and format 32, items = 0
read 8 items data of type ATOM and format 32, 0 bytes left in property
handleSelectionNotify for selection CLIPBOARD and property CLIPBOARD (0x18e)
Warning: selection in state 0
handleReceivePropertyNotify for property CLIPBOARD
native type: TIMESTAMP
native type: TARGETS
native type: MULTIPLE
native type: SAVE_TARGETS
native type: UTF8_STRING
native type: COMPOUND_TEXT
native type: TEXT
native type: STRING
SelectionManager::getPasteDataTypes( CLIPBOARD ) = true
type: text/plain;charset=utf-16
type: TIMESTAMP
type: TARGETS
type: MULTIPLE
type: SAVE_TARGETS
type: text/plain;charset=utf-8
type: TEXT
type: text/plain;charset=iso8859-1
getPasteData( "CLIPBOARD", "text/plain;charset=utf-16" )
getPasteData( CLIPBOARD, native: UTF8_STRING )
handleReceivePropertyNotify for property CLIPBOARD
found 6 bytes data of type UTF8_STRING and format 8, items = 0
read 6 items data of type UTF8_STRING and format 8, 0 bytes left in property
handleSelectionNotify for selection CLIPBOARD and property CLIPBOARD (0x18e)
Warning: selection in state 0
handleReceivePropertyNotify for property CLIPBOARD
getPasteData for selection CLIPBOARD and data type text/plain;charset=utf-16 returns true, returned sequence has length 14
X11Transferable::getTransferData( "text/plain;charset=utf-16" )
 -> "nazdar"
handleSendPropertyNotify for property WM_CLASS (new value)
handleSendPropertyNotify for property WM_STATE (new value)
handleSendPropertyNotify for property _NET_WM_STATE (new value)
handleSendPropertyNotify for property WM_STATE (new value)
handleSendPropertyNotify for property _NET_WM_STATE (new value)

This is from Gnome, and LO running the Gtk+ vclplugin; I'd try if it
works for you there, and then switch back to KDE - maybe the problem
really is KDE3-related.

Regards,
Kendy