[Libreoffice] LO and address book wizard

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 24 11:12:22 PST 2012

On 23/01/2012 22:30, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 11:39 -0500, Arno Teigseth wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone else having trouble with adding address books to Libreoffice
>> (File->Wizard->Address book).
>>
>> I'm getting "SDBC error" on my system, _git master LO_ on linux mint
>> 11. Have both thunderbird (repo) and evolution (repo) installed.
>>
>> The "more" button says 'A connection for the following URL was
>> requested "sdbc:address:evolution:local".'
>>
>> Funny, since I did select Thunderbird.
> Does this work now in 3-5/master or do you still have a problem ?
> We did fix one known problem, which Julien discovered, in finding the
> right config dir location for thunderbird which might have been related
> to your original problem. hopefully anyway.
>
> C.

Hi,

In fact, since I'm on Debian, I use Icedove. Icedove is a rebranding of
Thunderbird (license pb discussion between with Mozilla fundation and
Debian responsables).
I pushed a patch to have access to Icedove addressbook :
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8d7e1a6e13008bd7d35896e676796196038f1105

Here are 2 threads about it :
-
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/PATCH-About-enabling-Icedove-addressbook-connection-for-Base-tp3639069p3639069.html
-
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/About-enabling-Icedove-addressbook-connection-for-Base-tp3616221p3616221.html

About Evolution, I tested "Evolution local" on master, i didn't see any
problem. But perhaps I missed something.
(I'm on Pc Debian x86-64).

Julien