[Libreoffice] [REVIEW-3-5] send-feedback patch (was: Re: minutes of ESC call ...)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 03:46:40 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 23:30 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > Let's push this to -3-5 after the 3.5.0 branch-off.
>
> That would be now - Stefan, Caolan, this is a late, but IMO very
> useful feature (for 3.5.1, I suggest), and needs two more approvals
> from differently affiliated people.

	I attach the fairly obvious patch; you have a 3rd ack from me. IIRC we
dropped the requirement for inter-organisation approval a while back.

	Anyhow - be that as it may, I'm interested in how we're going to send
the properties of the system to this form: the exact version, the
component, etc. AFIACS we send people to a plain URL currently: much
better than nothing, but could be improved (?).

	Christian, how would you recommend improving upon:

+            ::rtl::OUString sURL(RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM("http://hub.libreoffice.org/file-a-bug/"));
+            try
+                uno::Reference< com::sun::star::system::XSystemShellExecute > xSystemShellExecute(
+                    ::comphelper::getProcessServiceFactory()->createInstance(
+                        DEFINE_CONST_UNICODE("com.sun.star.system.SystemShellExecute") ), uno::UNO_QUERY_THROW );
+                xSystemShellExecute->execute( sURL, ::rtl::OUString(),  com::sun::star::system::SystemShellExecuteFlags::DEFAULTS );

	Can we mangle that stuff into the URL somehow ? :-) [ I'm ignorant of
the server side ]

	ATB,

		Michael.