[Libreoffice] LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 12:03:08 PST 2012

Hi guys

	I was thrilled to read of your efforts trying to get LibreOffice going
on OpenIndiana; it'd be great to get any patches you have back into the
code.

	Having said that - I think we -really- want to discourage use of the
sunpro compiler, and I'd suggest trying to build with gcc/g++ and fixing
that. That is likelier to cause fewer problems in the longer run I think
(though we'll need to rip out a number of compiler conditionals for
solaris at the same time I think). We routinely find & have to
workaround compiler bugs, and the fewer compilers we have to support the
better.

	Anyhow - please do ask questions etc. here - hopefully we're a friendly
lot :-) I'd really recommend building from the "libreoffice-3-5"
code-branch, that is feature frozen and about to get released, whereas
3.4 is some rather ultra deep-frozen branch.

	All the best,

		Michael.