[Libreoffice] UNO make me crazy

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 02:37:12 PST 2012

On 01/26/2012 11:22 AM, Execute SARL wrote:
> I'm always with my Delphi URP client
>
> I've made this test
>
> 1) start soffice on local host on port 8001
> 2) start an office proxy of mine on port 8000 that redirect everything
> to port 8001 and record everything to disk
> 3) start a python script to load a file and convert it to PDF
> 4) start my Delphi client to do the same
>
> This is the log diff from WinMerge
> http://www.execute-info.com/RemoteOffice.htm
>
> Except for object IDs and Thread IDs, I can't see any difference between
> the two logs except that office stop responding after my last
> readbytes() reply !

Honestly, you'll need to attach a debugger to soffice.bin to find out
more.  At the very least, you would need to have a LO installation with
debug symbols, and put somewhere the backtraces of all soffice.bin
threads once it stops interacting, so others might be able to have a look.

I still assume a problem with your single-threaded approach.

Stephan