[Libreoffice] [REVIEW 3-5, 3-5-0, 3-4] The type-detection of extension-less documents is broken

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jan 26 06:27:22 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 14:40 +0100, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0d9aa8cce792d69d5147a2230b61b1cbdc089206
>
> fixes a bug where the catch-all type detector was called first in the
> list of type detectors when an extension-less document was passed. This
> caused quite a number of macintosh documents to be mis-detected as
> encoded text.

	Gosh; I'd rather like to know why the explicit code to sort it to the
front was there in the first instance.

	Beyond potentially busting lots of other random import filters it looks
fine ;-) Have you tested all the nasty corner cases:

	.csv text saved with a .xls extension etc. etc. ?

	If you've tested at least a dozen file formats I'm happy for -3-5-0 I
guess ;-)

	All the best,

		Michael.