[Libreoffice] LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 08:56:45 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 16:14 +0000, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> It's further than it has been up until this point, 1/4 of the way
> around the nice animated status indicator ...

At some stage you'll need (the dreaded) uno-bridge[1], first symptom of
not having one or a broken one would be a build error in i18npool, and
later on in testtools which exercises the bridge a lot.

I see that there *is* one for solaris sparc and gcc (I had to blink a
few times when I saw that there was one), i.e.
bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_solaris_sparc so you might be incredibly
lucky and that's actually buildable and works fine.

If it doesn't work, you *might* get away with editing
bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_sparc/makefile.mk
to just add some appropriate .IF fooSOLARISfoo in there to try to use it
under solaris as well as LINUX (e.g.
see ../gcc3_linux_x86-64/makefile.mk for similar hackery).

If both fail, here's my notes from a few successful attempts at getting
a working bridge
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Lazy_Hackers_Guide_To_Porting

C.