[Libreoffice] [PUSHED-3-4][PUSHED[3-5][REVIEW] 3-5, 3-5-0, 3-4 corrupted Indic characters and crash under Windows fdo#44208, fdo#45107

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:59:01 PST 2012

Hi Caolan,

2012/1/26 Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com>:

> We should in master generally shrink the rest of the tags down to the
> minimum correct lang-tag , e.g. hu-HU to hu, but zh-CN remains as zh-CN.
> And I'm confident that the zh-CN/zh-TW/pa-IN font entries currently
> should work for the windows UI fallback lists seeing as those langpacks
> are language_Territory.

In fact hu-HU – and other European languages with country code – seem
to be unnecessary there. They have not been working under Windows for
ages  (or ever), yet nobody complained. :) Some of them look identical
to English node. I think we should list only those locales in VCL.xcu
that require special fonts. Even empty nodes seem to be unnecessary,
eg.
    <node oor:name="af" oor:op="replace">
    </node>

We have zh-cn, zh-tw, zh-hk, and zh-sg, but zh-mo is missing, that is
also a supported locale. I think we need to add it, LibreOffice tried
to read zh-MO node when I selected Chinese (Macau) as default locale
and/or default document language.

Do you agree?

Cheers,
Andras