[Libreoffice] [PUSHED-3-4][PUSHED[3-5][REVIEW] 3-5, 3-5-0, 3-4 corrupted Indic characters and crash under Windows fdo#44208, fdo#45107

Christophe Strobbe christophe.strobbe at esat.kuleuven.be
Thu Jan 26 09:58:37 PST 2012

At 17:59 26-1-2012, Andras Timar wrote:
>Hi Caolan,
>
>2012/1/26 Caolán McNamara
><<http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice>caolanm
>at redhat.com>:
> >
> > We should in master generally shrink the rest of the tags down to the
> > minimum correct lang-tag , e.g. hu-HU to hu, but zh-CN remains as zh-CN.
> > And I'm confident that the zh-CN/zh-TW/pa-IN font entries currently
> > should work for the windows UI fallback lists seeing as those langpacks
> > are language_Territory.
>
>In fact hu-HU – and other European languages with country code – seem
>to be unnecessary there. They have not been working under Windows for
>ages  (or ever), yet nobody complained. :) Some of them look identical
>to English node. I think we should list only those locales in VCL.xcu
>that require special fonts. Even empty nodes seem to be unnecessary,
>eg.
>     <node oor:name="af" oor:op="replace">
>     </node>
>
>We have zh-cn, zh-tw, zh-hk, and zh-sg, but zh-mo is missing, that is
>also a supported locale. I think we need to add it, LibreOffice tried
>to read zh-MO node when I selected Chinese (Macau) as default locale
>and/or default document language.

Hong Kong was transferred to the PRC in 1997 and
Macau in 1999. Cantonese (as spoken language) and
Traditional Chinese characters are still the de
facto standards in both places, as far as I know.
Singapore apparently uses Singaporean Mandarin
and switched to simplified Chinese characters in 1976.
If there are differences between the zh-hk, zh-mo
and zh-tw localisations, is this due to different
translators or to differences between computing
terminology in these three geographic areas? (I'm
sure there are differences in vocabulary in these
three areas, but I don't know if they affect computing terminology.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe