[Libreoffice] LibreOffice / openIndiana ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 10:03:56 PST 2012

On 01/26/2012 06:55 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 16:52 +0000, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>> I'm coming to the conclusion that the system doesn't believe I'm using
>> GCC ... nss keeps trying to build with "-KPIC", rather than "-fPIC"
>> ... any suggestions and I'll eagerly try them :)
>
> 	Right - I -imagine- that (in general) the build system ( of which we
> have both dmake and gnumake (transitioning to the latter) ) assumes that
> Solaris == SUNPRO.

But this looks odd in nss.  Module nss is an external one still built
with the old build system, so it should probably pick up the Solaris/GCC
settings from solenv/inc/unxsog{i,s}.mk just fine -- or else there'd
probably already be problems earlier, with other modules?  And
nss/makefile.mk does not look like we pass any switches from "our" build
system into nss's, anyway, so it might also be a genuine problem of
nss's own configure?  (On the other hand, that sound unlikely too.)

Maybe dumping the whole build output (incl. the output from autogen.sh,
whether you run that manually or from top-level make) could help sort
things out.

Stephan