[Libreoffice] [REVIEW][3-5][3-5-0][3-4] Prevent excessvie references to formula result tokens

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 11:54:24 PST 2012

Hi Kohei,

On Tuesday, 2012-01-31 09:54:03 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> Well, for expediting the process (since the release of 3.5.0 is
> nearing), could you take this over?  Sounds like you know exactly what
> needs to get done, so it's probably better than me trying to figure this
> out on my own.

Done, please review and cherry-pick to 3-5 and 3-5-0 and 3-4
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=742b36ed8bd3880d4dcf6022fbc3165a213d80bb

This replaces the previous commit on master which I reverted. The result
token is now shared until exceeding 60k references, leaving 4k for
temporarily passing around the token, undo/redo et all, from that point
on a copy is created for each new result. Later on during recalculation
the result usually will be replaced anyway unless the formula expression
yields a constant, so we don't gain in memory consumption compared to
a new-always approach, but up to 60k cells the copy process is faster
than already new'ing tokens at that stage.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD