[REVIEW][3-5] Re: API Documentation - Since/Minimum Version

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 02:33:21 PDT 2012

On 30/06/12 21:32, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 02:27:44PM -0700, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Friendly discussion about if we can commit to putting a "minimum version"
>> or a "since" on our API documentation. We've had a user put in a bug report
>> (I closed as not a bug but thought it was valid anyways) that we don't
>> consistently -- or more accurately, rarely ever -- put a minimum version
>> with our API documentation. Here is the example he provided:
>>
>> http://api.libreoffice.org/common/ref/com/sun/star/table/BorderLine2.html

it does look like this one really does lack a since tag, and it should
have one, hence it's really a bug.  i've fixed that now, please somebody
backport 2af8619ac052f54b258865edb6937c6fe820da5d to libreoffice-3-5.

>> Would this be possible for us to try to do? If so is there documentation
>> somewhere that we need to update for new devs to look at when making API
>> documentation that will now include a requirement for minimum version?
>
> Hm, sounds like api.libreoffice.org is not updated regularly -- in my
> local build I have the "since" info in for example
> solver/unxlngx6.pro/installation/opt/sdk/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/ParagraphProperties.html#ParaContextMargin.
>
> Andras, do you know if we have a cronjob for doing that, please?

i'm not sure if a cronjob is necessary -- the API documentation on the
website should be generated from the latest stable release, and that
doesn't change so often; it would need a manual switch to the next
release branch in any case.