[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Weekly Report #6

Marco Cecchetti mrcekets at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:52:56 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,
it follows my weekly report:

Report #6
---------
I spent some time in finding out how SequentialTimeContainer::
skipEffect and the EffectRewind class work.
I fixed a bug that prevented the C++ skip effect feature to work
properly with repeated animations. I merged the feature/svg-export
branch to the master branch, so support for repeated animations is
on the master branch now.
I reworked the way saving/restoring the state of an animated shape
is implemented, this let me fix a bug with repeated animations and
the rewind effect options. Finally I provided partial support for
skipping and rewinding a single effect. Unfortunately the skip
effect feature has some problem with rewinded effect (here in the
meaning of fill=’remove’) that I’ll go to fix in the next week.
You can also skip a not yet started effect by press the down arrow
key. As for going to the previous effect feature the only limitation
at present is that we can’t go back to the last effect of the
previous slide. I have to say that I performed a lot of test on
several sample presentations, so if you are wondering how reliable
the current features are, the answer is: enough, but it could still
be some corner case I missed to test.

You can read more details on my project log book (week 6):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GSLPSIWRGSDTSi69dT9Te8tRyTJcAekxT7scoCoGO2M/edit

You can download a sample presentation here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwS_9-CU4098emVZZTRlUjA1VW8
In order to download the zip files click on the Download item
under the File menu.

You can look at the source code in the feature branch:
feature/svg-export, that includes all new commits after the last
master branch merging.
(I named the new feature branch as the old one.)

Cheers,
-- Marco