[GERRIT] moz build fixed on Ubuntu -- was Re: --disable mozilla necessary for Ubuntu

David Ostrovsky david.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Mon Jul 2 12:21:42 PDT 2012

On 02.07.2012 11:05, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 11:13:36PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
>> So enabling mozilla basically does nothing for Ubuntu (or Ubuntu derived
>> >distributions).
>> >
>> >Joel
> "The Mozilla / Netscape, Thunderbird and LDAP address book are only available,
> when OOo is built using an internal mozilla 1.7.5 copy, including a 250k patch;
> we currently do not provide support for this version, including security
> updates for releases."
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/93546/comments/70

Could you explain how this statement is related to the problem described
by Joel?
He tries to confirm that my patch
(https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/248/) is working on current master:
1. apply my patch
2. add --enable-mozilla to autogen.lastrun
3. make clean && make dev-install
4. run compiled soffice.bin --base
5. "Thunderbird/Icedove Address Book" appears in "Connect to an existing
database" combo box.

Regards
David