Removal of throbber.src

Thomas Arnhold thomas at arnhold.org
Wed Jul 4 03:23:02 PDT 2012

Hello Stefan, Michael,

yes a throbber is used in the extension manager.

See:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/extensions/source/update/check/updatehdl.cxx#1328
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/toolkit/source/controls/spinningprogress.cxx#77

I've attached a list of all spinner files in the source tree (find .
-name spinner*).

spinner03-grey-... is referenced in xthrobber.src
(toolkit/source/awt/xthrobber.src). And xtrobber.src appears in
AllLangResTarget_tk.mk and src.lst.

Those spinner files in throbber.src (spinner-*) only exist for the
galaxy theme. This is curious.
For example: ./icon-themes/galaxy/shared/spinner-16-01.png
Implies the path shared that these files are shared over all icon
themes? But there are no more files than the spinner files in this
directory. And this would also imply, that the galaxy theme is a
requirement for all installations.

But there is another problem: throbber.src is not in
AllLangResTarget_tk.mk nor src.lst - so unknown and unused. Despite the
fact, that SpinningProgressControlModel uses
Throbber::getDefaultImageURLs where those spinner files are used.

As said before: There is no difference for me with and without
throbber.src in the images.zip. I've did the build from clean now. And
also looked at the binary libo 3.5.4 from the website (Linux). There are
only spinner03-grey_* (files from xthrobber.src) in the zips. Like this:

libobasis3.5-images_3.5.4-2_i386/opt/libreoffice3.5/share/config/images/toolkit/tk/spinner03-grey_01.png

No other ones.

So is this a bug or is are those spinner-* from throbber.src obsolete?
This would also mean, that Throbber::getDefaultImageURLs is obsolete and
so on.

Thomas