[Libreoffice] [GSoC 2012][svg export filter] Repeated animations issue

Marco Cecchetti mrcekets at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:42:45 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,
while playing with repeated animations I caught the following issue:

Use case:
Create two shape animations the first repeated 2 or more times,
the second starts soon after the previous one is ended (no click
needed).
Problem:
The second effect start when the first iteration of the first
effect is ended.

By watching the exported svg document I can see that this problem
is due to the fact that the 'begin' attribute is not set to the
sync value '(id-previous-effect).end' but to an absolute time
value expressed in seconds.
So when a 'after previous' effect is created, somewhere the
duration time of previous effects is computed and then used for
setting up the 'begin' attribute value of the created effect, the
problem is that this computation doesn't take into account the
'repeatCount' attribute.
I can see that the same problem is present for the C++ presentation
engine too.
Indeed in the CustomAnimationEffect::createAfterEffectNode method
the 'begin' attribute is set up correctly to EventTrigger::END_EVENT,
so the substitution with the real time value is performed later.
I'd like to fix it if I know where it is the related source code.

Cheers,
-- Marco