New way to modify nested uno structs in LibreOffice BASIC

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Jul 5 08:53:30 PDT 2012

On 05/07/12 16:09, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> On 07/05/2012 04:22 AM, Noel Power wrote:
>> On 05/07/12 02:47, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>>> The behavior change scares me a bit. I seem to remember some time
>>> back that there was a reason for this behavior, but I was given that
>>> information many years back..... I discussed it in Berlin
>> I'd be interested if you can recall
>>

> I consider Case 0 and Case 2 the same. I believe that you are saying
> that your change only affects Case 1, which will then work as expected
> without changing case 0 / case 2.
>
> I was probably exchanging email with Mathias Bauer, but was unable to
> find the exchange. I did spend time looking for it.

interesting examples :-) I am writing some unit tests at the moment so I
will try to incorporate som elements of the above in them, anyway to
clarify the situation, copy of structures is by value, this will not and
should not have changed, what has changed is it is now possible to
access the elements of a structure by reference ( same as in c/c++ and
probably any sensible scripting language )
Please check out the latest master and try out the feature, that's the
idea of this heads-up, you are pretty qualified to give it a good test
:-) ( you won't surprise or disappoint me if you find a bug :-) )

Noel