Locating Backing Window Recent Documents Object

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:33:26 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Documents on the backing window that comes up with ./soffice

Details:

I spent time in the IRC chat a couple days ago trying to get help on this
one and another hour or two looking at code has gotten me no where
(although a few times I thought I was somewhere....).

All I need to find is the code that is handling how pushing Open is handled
on the Backing Window (I always called it the OOo Splash Screen). With help
from some of the experienced devs on the chat I was able to look through
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/framework/source/services/backingwindow.cxx

I didn't see the code that is actually determining the location of the
click that brings up the open dialog vs. the recent documents dialog.
Currently if you click on the arrow to the right of the vertical line next
to open, a recent documents list comes up, but if you are to the right of
the vertical line and click slightly off the arrow, the open dialog comes
up. Intuitively the vertical line makes it seem like any click left of the
line brings up the open, any push to the right should bring up recent
documents and the arrow is just there for a nicer look.

Any help locating the cxx file greatly appreciated as this has gotten under
my skin a bit.

Thanks,
Joel